The pictures used above are examples of our whole wood collection. Specific pictures of this wood are coming soon!
- Durability class: 2
- Strength class: –
- Mass volume: 700-1000 kg/m3
- Colour: The heartwood has a beige color.
- Texture: The texture is medium fine
- Drying: Drying of thinner dimensions goes quickly
- Hardness: 8400 N
- Screwing/nailing: Pre-drilling recommended
- Finishing surface: With Glueing it goes well.
- Botanical name: Ocotea rubra Mez
- Family: Lauraceae
This medium heavy and easy to utilise heartwood of Louro Gamela, or Red Louro is used for many years in several exterior applications. E.g. garden furniture, cladding (substitute for western red cedar), constructions, parkbenches and boardswalks. It is also used for mouldings and window frames. In several uses it also replaces bangkirai
It has a pleasant (sweet) odour.
The timber is sensitive for shattering
Louro Gamela is available in the Amazon region of Brazil.
|Louro gamela, louro vermelho, canela (Brazilië), grignon franc, grignon rouge (Frans Guyana), red louro (Groot-Brittannië), determa (Guyana), wana, wanoe, bewana (Suriname).|