The pictures used above are examples of our whole wood collection. Specific pictures of this wood are coming soon!
- Durability class: 2-3
- Strength class: –
- Mass volume: Fresh 1100-1200 kg/m3.
- Colour: Dark brown
- Texture: The grain is straight, sometimes wavy.
- Drying: This timber dries slowly with less defects.
- Hardness: 8750 N Janka
- Screwing/nailing: Pre-drilling necessary
- Finishing surface: Gluing and finishing are good.
- Botanical name: Diplotropis purpurea
- Family: Leguminosae
The beautiful Sucupira Preto wood is used for several applications:
interior: e.g. furniture, floorings, parquet and stairs
exterior: e.g. cladding
The wood relatively easy to machine, despite the high density.
Sucupira Preto grows in the Amazon region of Brazil, Guyana and Surinam.
|sucupira, sucupira preta (Brazilië), coeur dehors (Frans Guyana), tatabu (Guyana), zwarte kabbes (Suriname), congrio, peonia, alcornoque (Venezuela).|